Blog Mastering Dental Hygiene Continuing Education for Canadians

Mastering Dental Hygiene Continuing Education for Canadians


As a dental hygienist, staying on top of your continuing education requirements is crucial. It's essential to document your professional learning activities to meet the continuing competence standards and maintain your professional permit. To ensure you fulfill these requirements, it's vital to have a clear understanding of the process and available options. Say goodbye to confusion and uncertainty! We're here to guide you through the journey of obtaining all your dental hygiene continuing education hours while enjoying the process.

Understanding Dental Hygiene Continuing Education Requirements

Across Canada, dental hygienists are expected to complete continuing education hours within a specified timeframe. In provinces like Ontario, for instance, dental hygienists must engage in 75 hours of continuing education every three years. It's crucial to note that 80% of these hours should focus on direct learning and practice, while the remaining 20% can come from conferences and meetings. As a dental hygienist, it is your responsibility to ensure that the courses you choose meet the continuing education requirements specific to your province.

Streamlining Your Continuing Education with RDH Inner Circle

To simplify the process of meeting your dental hygiene continuing education requirements, RDH Inner Circle offers a range of options designed to fit your needs. With our membership and stand-alone courses, we make it effortless for you to track your continuing education portfolio and break down your professional development efforts into manageable portions. You'll discover that meeting the 75-hour requirement is easily achievable when divided evenly over the three-year period, averaging just 2-3 hours per month.

Explore Your Options with RDH Inner Circle:

  • RDH Inner Circle provides a membership service that automatically delivers 2-3 hours of continuing education every month. These courses focus on daily practice skills and knowledge and are conveniently available in your private portal on our website. You can watch them at your own pace, whenever and wherever, ensuring flexibility and convenience.

  • Individual Online: RDH Inner Circle offers stand-alone courses presented via live stream and also recorded, allowing you to participate from the comfort of your home. These courses cover a wide range of topics. You have the flexibility to choose the courses that align with your interests and professional goals.

Experience the Advantages of RDH Inner Circle

RDH Inner Circle was founded by dental hygienists who understand the unique needs of professionals like you. We strive to make your continuing education journey seamless by providing both online and in-person courses. With our training programs, you can enhance your skills and expand your career prospects. Take control of your professional development today!

Ready to embark on a hassle-free dental hygiene continuing education journey?

Join RDH Inner Circle and gain access to a supportive community of professionals dedicated to growth and collaboration. Expand your skills, further your career, and fulfill your continuing education requirements with ease. Contact us today to learn more and become a part of RDH Inner Circle!


Must be Logged In to leave comments.


My Courses Available Courses
Sign In

Sign In Details

Forgot Password